My first time at Massawepie during Scout camp. Eating in the dining hall was a bit different from what the boys have told me - not family style but rather cafeteria style. And although not as many songs at the end of a meal there were a few each night.
I had time to go on hikes around the camp and see the bog and various outpost locations. I saw Blaise sailing, kayaking (just a couple of the merit badges he worked on). Ambrose did 'mountain fox' and I went on two outings. We kayaked one down and did 'advanced' cooking which included bean and rice enchiladas over white gas heat and fried oreos (YUM!). One of the best experiences was going on an overnight to Eagle Island that we canoed out to and stayed overnight on the island. A true 'carry-in' and 'carry-out' experience. Waking up at 5am was early but definitely worth the amazing sunset!
Can't wait to go back to camp again next summer!










No comments:
Post a Comment