Friday, September 30, 2011

started slow and now

When will I hear 'mama' or 'dada', I thought when he turned 20 months old? The 'experts' were telling us Blaise should have a certain number of words. Ambrose was also a late talker so the second time around we knew the drill. After being tested we started speech services with Miss Laurie (Ambrose's speech therapist so no introductions were needed).

Now almost a year and a half later there is a much different picture. Blaise has a bit of his own language as a few sounds still need to fill in. Water is 'yater' and 'pajamas' are 'pee-jam-es'. Oh goodness is it cute to hear him talk and with his hands out as he talks and motions (hmmm, I wonder where he got that from?) His descriptions are fascinating . . .just the other day my hair was described as 'fluffy' (I guess mommy needed more product that day). Simply adorable.

1 comment:

Rick said...

Great photo Annette!