Blaise truly surprises me sometimes in what he has learned. In teaching Ambrose I remember making a point to 'teach' him his shapes, colors, numbers and letters. Blaise has gone to the refrigerator and picked up a letter and told me what it is or sang the alphabet. To date, Blaise has learned colors, he can count up to 13, 18 letters, sing the alphabet and he knows most of his shapes (weird that shapes would be one of the last things for him to learn in this group).
With regards to learning colors, he has learned the colors as - red (like a tomato), green (like grass), blue (like the sky), etc. So, how do I explain to my 2 1/2 yr old that my hair is RED. He doesn't believe me. He believes that my hair is brown. I can see that. I even tried explaining it is auburn, yeah, that went no where.
So I guess for now, I have brown hair. Too bad crayola didn't come up with a crayon that is called auburn. After all, they have one called mac n cheese.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment