Up into the attic I go to dig out the boxes to play the 'switching clothes' game. Wait a minute it is not a change of season; what happened you ask? One of my sons' arms grew; I believe overnight. Is that possible? I remember as a kid having growing pains in my legs.
Yesterday, while Ambrose was trying on new shirts to accommodate his long arms . . . I stopped and I took a long look at my two boys. They look so much older. They both somehow looked very different in that particular minute then in the minutes that had passed. Sometimes I want to stop time, as I love where we are. We are still experiencing some 'firsts', innocent comments that are just so funny and so much more!
Times are changing, right in front of my eyes. Blaise asked me about a dinner we had the other night and said we didn't have bread (his favorite food group). Before I could say anything, Ambrose interjected an answer and fully described how the meal not only had bread but it was a part of the main dish. Ever feel like you are just there to watch?
Sometimes it is as if the boys have their own code (like twins do). After a workout I walked into the child watch at the Y and the person working commented that she had to 'check' into their planet to figure out what was going on. Their play isn't always so 'foreign' but they have really become inseparable (won't Ambrose going to kindergarten next year be interesting!)
Boys slow down a bit this momma is having too much fun, lets not rush it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment