Wednesday, December 30, 2009

handmade for family

I vaguely remember when I first had this brainstorm, pajamas for 11 shouldn't be too hard, right? Hmmmm. Drawing by sister-in-law Betsy, check. Colored in and printed on iron-on material, check. Pick fabric, check. Obtain measurements, cut out each pair and sew, check. Now 9 cousins and my 2 sons will all have matching pajamas!

The Christmas deadline was made (probably since I started in November) and with the help of an elf named 'Mom' whom ironed on all the shirts (after all, what is an iron?) I even had enough fabric to sew pajama pants for Damian, myself, teddy (Ambrose's friend) and baby (Blaise's friend) a pair. Now we are all matching. . . . ahhhh. It seems cute until your doorbell rings and their is a neighborhood group of carolers and there you are standing in your (you guessed it) matching pajama pants. Funny, they sang and then were shouting something as they left; no it wasn't "Merry Christmas", it was "hey, nice pants". Hey, I even impressed the neighbors!



1 comment:

sarah said...

hey, I added a phot of kids in jammies tonight. expect hardcopy in mail soon!